Wednesday, July 20, 2011
Faith VS. Works- why dose it have to be a debate, is there no simple Answer? YES THERE IS!
As long as I have known about Christ I have heard countless debates on "Faith vs.Works". Now before I start I would like to state that these are only my opinions. But I also feel that I raise valid points. There is no right or wrong when it come down to faith and works, I feel however that if you don't have solid faith in Christ and his teachings, you are not fully seeing the point behind doing His works. After all when you are saved in Christ, wouldn't you like to plant the seed in others? Would you not want to help save others and bring them to the cross? Doing works isn't a stipulation you have to fulfill to get into heaven. Doing works isn't something you HAVE to do in order to be a "Good Christian", doing works is something you should WANT to do! Doing His work is part of the joy in being saved, when you are truly filled with Gods love you should feel like you NEED to do good works, you should WANT to to do good works and good deeds, should WANT to share His love, you should WANT to spread His word, you should feel the DESIRE to to help those that need help! just look at the apostle Matthew he was a Jewish tax collector and at the time being a Jewish tax collector was worse then being murder to other Jews. he was unanimously hated by all the other Jews in his town when he walked down the streets other Jews would throw things at him and shout even worse things. once he was excepted by Jesus and his sins were forgiven he became an influential apostle doing good deeds, and bringing the news of the savior Christ Jesus to the other tax collectors and pharisees. At no point did Christ say to Matthew "Matthew go and do good works and bring others to me, then i will wash your sins away and you will have a place in heaven" no, that never happened! what happened was Matthew was excepted by Christ Jesus and was so full of the faith and joy that Christ brought him that he felt called to spread the joy and mercy he received through Christ with anyone and every one! This is the way i see it Faith without works is dead, but works without faith is fruitless. Luke 6:43 "For no good tree bears bad fruit, nor again does a bad tree bear good fruit," this may be me reading into it but, that verse says to me that if my faith is pure in Christ that the fruit I bear and the seeds I plant will be good and only good, and if my faith isn't there or my faith isn't true, if I plant a seed or bear fruit that my fruit will not grow in Christ's image. now my question to you is, with your faith as it stands what kind of fruit/seeds are you planting? before you and answer that I want you to think about it take some time to really dwell on it! and if you think your fruit is bad or your not spreading seeds or bearing any fruit what can you do to remedy it?
Labels:
Christ,
Christian,
Devotional,
FAITH,
GOD,
Good Deeds,
Savior,
Works
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment