Lets talk about accountability, holding your self accountable. So I want each of us to think about something we struggle with a lot like a sin. Mine is sex more so lust, like as most of you already know I had a lot of problems with that.. And when I found god those problems didn’t just disappear but instead he gave me tools to overcome.. Look at me now I don’t have sex, I am not dating till I feel God wills it.. I wear this ring that states my devotion to Jesus, I use this ring to keep myself accountable, when I feel like slipping I look at the ring and know that its not what god wants of me.
We are all accountable for what we say and do. We are all ultimately accountable to God, and we should always remember to act accordingly. We are however also accountable to each other, to one another as fellow believers, holding fellow believers and Christians accountable. The Bible teaches us to encourage, pray for and correct one another in love, and in Christ. It is extremely useful to have people of the same mindset (i.e. fellow believers with the same goals) in our lives that we are accountable to. These “accountability partners” can help us stay focused, encourage us when we need strength, and help us get right back on track when we start to stray. We should also remember to be accountable to ourselves, holding ourselves responsible for our actions and for the results of our own actions – instead of blaming others. God also holds us accountable when we do not exhort others or fail to warn others who are going the wrong way.
“For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. For it is written:
“ As I live, says the LORD, Every knee shall bow to Me,
And every tongue shall confess to God.”” (NKJV)
1 Thessalonians 5:11
James 5:16
Proverbs 24:24-25
Proverbs 12:15
Romans 14:11
Ezekiel 3:18-19
Romans 14:12
Psalm 51:5
1 John 2:2
2 Samuel 12:21-23
No comments:
Post a Comment